Friday 9 March 2012

Coffee Talk #1 : Long Distance Relationships


THEY ARE STRONGER! 
Yes, they are.


Have you been through a long distance relationships? 
I had, more than 2 years. Me and partner had been through a lot of difficulties, arguments and jealousies. But I learnt trust, space and respect, it really bring a lot of time and tears to learn. 


About tears, I really cry a lot. We argue a lot, but some fights are very trivial and unnecessary. During an argument, I'm the one who non-stop asking or blaming, and he is the one who always keep silence and listen. But after a fight, we shiver for couple days. When I cool down, I always realize that his silence is for a reason not to fight with me. He is the cool one, I'm the irritable one.
One good thing after a fight is, we know each other more!


During long distance relationships, we can't hug each other, we can't hear each other, we can't be with each other while one another needs a shoulder to lean and yet we can't celebrate special dates (especially valentine's) together. We will be lonely for sure, but it's only for temporarily. Life (Love) isn't perfect, is it?


Long distance relationships sure will be hard, much more difficult than your partner is just right beside you. But have you ever think, long distance relationships train your trust to your partner, respect each other, and even love other much more than before. 


Distance is a challenge for all couple, no matter you are both in different countries, different states or different cities. 


For those who can't go through all those difficulties, perhaps they notice they are not meant to be together, or each of them have found another part of them. It sounds upset at the end, but at least they notice their problem soon enough.


Am I the lucky one? No one knows, it depends on how I run my relationship, how I control my temper, hah! (I have a very very bad temper, and I'm very impatient!) 


I always ask myself,
I can't even manage my own problem, am I ready to handle a relationship (a man)?
There are tons of things that I need to learn.


All the best for those who having long (short) distance relationships. Be patience and be smart while handling your partner. We sure need loves and forgiveness & patience from your partner, so be fair to your partner, you both need the same thing as you need.




We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails.




Loves,
Chris 

No comments: